A child’s smile is one of the greatest blessings that a parent can have. To preserve this smile is the goal of Dinesh’s Dental Paradise. We take a preventive approach towards protecting children’s teeth by educating the parents and their children to practice good oral habits for their life time – right after the child’s first milk teeth erupt and again when their permanent teeth arrive, all the way into their teens.
Kid’s Dentistry Overview
Cavities are the most common and easily preventable dental problem that can be addressed with regular dental checkups at the dentist office. This helps to catch any dental infections or decay in the early stages and treat it on time.
Preventive Treatments for Kids
We focus on preventive care and encourage parents to inculcate good oral habits because they aid in prevention of tooth decay. Tooth decay is largely preventable, even though it remains one of the most common diseases of childhood. Our preventive services include controlling early loss of milk teeth, orthodontic care and implants.
Our Pediatric Dental Services include:
- Dental Screening: Initial dental screening involves consultation and an oral checkup, a radiographic examination if necessary, a professional dental cleaning plan and assessing the requirement for fluoride application or dental sealants to prevent cavities. The first screening is advised at one year or at the eruption of the first tooth or in case there is any difficulty during feeding.
- Baby Teeth Cleaning: Teeth cleaning is the first step in preventing cavities. The child’s teeth must be cleaned as soon as they erupt. After every bottle feed or a meal, the teeth must be cleaned with a soft washcloth or gauze. When the child has more than one tooth, a small-bristled child-sized tooth brush soaked in warm water with fluoride toothpaste is the best way to do it.
- Teeth Extraction: Occasionally specific primary or permanent teeth are extracted ahead of their scheduled shedding time. This is done to guide the erupting permanent teeth into a more favorable position.
- Treating Cavities: Preserving the baby teeth is very important to guide the permanent teeth erupt straight. Hence if affected by a cavity, the dentist prefers to drill out the infection and restore the tooth with a filling or a crown.
- Pulpectomy: Though milk tooth can be filled if decayed, deeper cavities may need pulpectomy or pulpotomy or removal of the infected pulp tissue.
- Stainless steel preformed crowns: These crowns are primarily used to cover the milk teeth and young permanent teeth that have been damaged by tooth decay. The crowns restore the tooth structure, enable chewing, prevent further decay and maintain the space till the permanent teeth erupt.
- Fluoride application: A fluoride varnish is applied over the baby teeth as well as over permanent teeth, once in 6 months, to toughen the teeth and prevent decay.
- Sealants for Permanent Molars:Sealing of the pits and grooves of the young permanent molars with sealants once in 2 – 3 years prevents food from sticking to the teeth and prevents decay.
- >Space maintainers:When milk teeth are lost earlier than their scheduled shedding time, the space needs to be preserved, to prevent problems in the alignment of permanent teeth. The unerupted permanent teeth may get locked in the bone and may require intensive treatment later.
- Early Orthodontic Evaluation: The child is evaluated for uneven bite, irregular teeth or skeletal anomalies at the age of seven. These problems can be corrected with braces and early treatment yield better outcomes.
- Habit Breakers: We design a special appliance and custom make it for the child to help break habits such as thumb sucking, mouth breathing, nail biting, lip sucking habits as early as 4 to 6 years.
Benefits of Kid’s Dentistry
- Overcome fear of Dentist: A lot of parents are very poor at taking care of their teeth and this behavior passes on to the kids also leading to their poor dental habits. Exposure to dentist as a child, will help them overcome the fear of dentist, which is often seen in many adults today. This can lead to neglect of dental care and serious dental problems. The more frequent a child goes to the dentist the more comfortable they will feel about it in the future.
- Develop Good Dental Habits: One of the best things a child can gain from going to the dentist regularly is the development of good habits. Developing good dental habits like brushing twice every day and flossing at night before going to bed, rinsing the mouth after every meal, will help to maintain good oral hygiene. These habits will likely continue into their adulthood. These habits will take care of their overall health too.
- Take Responsibility for their Dental Health: Another benefit of taking your child to the dentist is that it helps teach them responsibility. If the child has been difficult to deal with in maintaining good oral hygiene, and they are faced with the consequences, or rewards, for their actions they will develop behavior accordingly.
- Get Rid of Habits: Habits such as thumb sucking, nail biting, lip sucking etc. will be brought to the notice of the dentist during regular visits, when the child is taken to the which can be corrected using special appliances.
Cost of Kid’s Dentistry
The cost spent on dental treatments can be significantly minimized with good oral hygiene habits such as going for periodic dental checkups, brushing twice, flossing before bed time, rinsing after every meal. These habits can reduce the occurrence of cavities, tooth decay or tooth loss and save the cost on treating serious disorders.
The cost of treatment is dependent on various factors such as the experience of the dentist, the location of the dental clinic, the technologies used and the treatment itself. At Dinesh Dental Paradise you get value for the money spent, in the exceptional and personalized treatment services you receive.
Why Choose Dinesh’s Dental Paradise?
At Dinesh’s Dental Paradise, we make visiting the dentist office, a fun experience for children. We work with them to create a positive attitude towards oral health – with habits such as regular brushing and flossing, healthy eating habits and regular dental checkups, in a fun way.
- Technologies and Clinical Protocols :We accept internationally accepted protocols for dental care. We maintain quality standards in treatment services, hygiene and advanced technologies that ease the burden on the patient.
- Safety and Quality Standards: We follow strict clinical protocols to ensure safety and comfort. Dinesh Dental Paradise use pain-free methods, maintain highest quality standards and ensure to deliver best treatment for your child. You can be rest assured that your child is in the safe and gentle hands of our experienced dentists.
- Experience and Expertise of Dr. Dinesh’s Dental Team :Dr. Dinesh’s team has an experienced team who are specialized in children dentistry. They are trained to manage children with various dental problems in the most effective, friendly and loving way, that children love to visit their office.
- Comprehensive Care: Child’s dental care is most crucial for both, the child and the dentists, because it shapes their oral health, well into his/her adulthood. We provide comprehensive dental care and treatments for children from treating cavities, to root canal, orthodontic care, gingivitis, dental implants and more.
Dinesh’s Dental Paradise makes it a fun experience for the child, in the dental chair and in the waiting room. Our friendly and compassionate staff is committed to maintaining a fun and stress-free environment. We cater to the dental care needs from infants right into their teens.
- Compare Before and After Photos : Cleft palate is a common birth condition. It can occur alone or as part of a genetic condition or syndrome. These are treatable with experienced hands through surgery, restoring the normal function with minimal scarring. The before- and after-photos of cleft lip/palate patients explain the deftness of the dentists in handling such cases at Dinesh Dental Paradise.
- Post-Operative Child Care:The post-operative care for cleft lip or cleft palate is crucial for the patient. The first two weeks after your child’s surgery, the cleft lip repair is not strong enough to resist damage that could be caused by foreign objects (or fingers!). Dinesh Dental Paradise takes the necessary steps to help the patient recover smoothly by providing clear guidelines to the parents in – feeding the child, lip care, the splints on the child’s arms to prevent touching the lip. The doctors put patients first and have done thousands of successful cleft lip operations till date.
- Preventive Care: We strive to ascertain the importance of good oral hygiene by educating parents and children to practice good habits for their children at a very early age. Our primary goal is to prevent decay, infection, or correct other dental problems before they create serious problems for your child in later years.
Schedule an Appointment for your Child’s Dental Care
Set up an appointment today to make sure your child’s oral health is at its best, because this is a stepping stone to make sure your child is confident and happy at his/her school.