Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Are you concerned about keeping your teeth, controlling serious oral diseases and treating trauma-related damage or congenital growth issues? If yes, then oral and maxillofacial surgeons (OMFS) or oral surgeons are the right specialists to seek a referral.
Oral and Maxillofacial Treatment is part of dentistry that treats a wide spectrum of diseases, injuries and defects around the head, neck, face and jaws. Some of the most common oral and maxillofacial services include complicated extractions, wisdom teeth extractions, placing dental implants and reconstructive dental and oral surgery.
General dentists, orthodontists, pediatric dentists and medical physicians refer patients to oral surgeons to functionally and esthetically enhance the oral and facial problems. Oral surgery is most often performed on an outpatient basis and usually involves either general or local anesthesia. Dinesh’s Dental Paradise is one of the most referred to dental hospitals for oral and maxillofacial surgeries because of their vast experience, knowledge and skill following successful treatment outcomes.
We specialize in the following oral and maxillofacial surgeries:
- Facial and Jaw Fracture Surgery
- Cosmetic Jaw Surgery (Orthognathic Surgery)
- Jaw Reconstructive Surgery
- Oral Surgical Oncology
- Jaw Deformity Surgical Corrections
- Sleep Disorders Jaw Surgeries
Conditions Treated with Oral Surgery
The scope of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeries have expanded to include a range of surgeries such as:
- Diseased and Impacted Teeth: An oral surgeon plays an important role in the removal of impacted and complex teeth. They are critical in providing in-office anesthesia services, including intravenous (IV) sedation and general anesthesia.
- Dental Implants: Your oral surgeon will work with a team of dentists to help place your dental implants, reconstruct bone in case of bone loss, enable dental implant procedure as required and help bring back your natural smile.
- Facial Trauma: Oral surgeons can treat facial injuries like repairing facial skin lacerations, set right fractured jaw and facial bones, reconnect severed nerves involving oral tissues, jaws, cheek & nasal bones, eye sockets, and the forehead.
- Pathologic Conditions: Oral surgeons treat patients with benign cysts and tumors of the mouth and face; and treat malignant conditions such as oral cancers and cancers of the head and neck. They also help treat severe infections of the oral cavity, salivary glands, jaws and neck.
- Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Problems: An oral surgeon can diagnose and treat facial pain disorders, caused by TMJ problems and assist in medically treating TMJ related pain syndromes with non-surgical treatments. TMJ surgeries are performed by an oral and maxillofacial surgeon to repair the TMJ when it is damaged.
- Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgery: Our Oral surgeons rebuild the jaw and facial bones including facial soft tissue using bone grafts, implants and skin grafts to restore the face and tissues that are lost due to trauma or from the removal of cysts & tumors.
- Corrective Jaw (orthognathic) Surgery: Minor and major skeletal and dental jaw anomalies are corrected by oral surgeons along with orthodontists to improve the appearance and chewing, speaking and breathing functions.
- Cleft Lip and Cleft Palate (Congenital Defects): Oral surgeons surgically correct birth defects (congenital defects) of the face and skull, such as cleft lip and cleft palate. The dentist, orthodontist and oral surgeon work together to perform the series of corrective surgeries as required. As part of the dental team, the oral surgeon plays a key role in deciding the right procedure relevant to the condition.
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA): If you are suspected of having a sleep disorder, your dentist will refer you to an oral and maxillofacial surgeon to identify the best treatment for you based on the complexity of the sleep disorder or sleep apnea.
- Anesthesia: Our oral and maxillofacial surgeons are trained to handle pain and anxiety control and are well -trained in procedures requiring general anesthesia, deep sedation, conscious sedation, oral sedation and local anesthesia. We are trained to administer safe and effective anesthesia services in the dental office and other ambulatory settings.
Benefits of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeries
Orthognathic or Corrective jaw surgery is performed by an oral and maxillofacial surgeon. This form of surgery helps correct jaw and skeletal irregularities which improve breathing, speaking, and chewing. Eventually it also enhances the esthetic appearance of the person improving confidence, all of which play a big role in life.
Oral and maxillofacial surgeries have a positive effect on your health by improving or correcting:
- Chewing: Correcting the misaligned jaw with surgery can improve chewing or swallowing of food making eating more enjoyable and functionally effective.
- TMJ Pain: Temporomandibular joint surgery can ease the jaw pain, improve the chewing ability; and make the opening and closing of mouth more comfortable. This will enhance the quality of life and overall health.
- Headaches: Misaligned jaws may lead to headaches and discomfort. This pain can be eliminated with corrective jaw surgery and reducing the need for frequent pain medication.
- Sleeping: Jaw correction can also help overcome the difficulty in normal breathing and breathing problems related to sleep disorders. Corrective jaw surgery can eliminate sleep apnea and allow the person to have a restful and undisturbed sleep at night. This results in enhanced productivity at work and leads to a healthier life.
- Speech: Proper jaw alignment is crucial for normal speech. Adolescent children who have jaw problems may have difficulty in speaking and proper pronunciation of words. Correcting the jaw line can improve speech impediments.
- Overall Appearance: Jaw bone and facial reconstruction improves the patient’s appearance and smile; boosting the much-needed confidence.
Cost of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeries
The cost of the treatment depends on various factors and varies depending on the severity of the conditions in each individual case. Other factors that influence the cost are: the advanced technologies used for the procedure, the experience and expertise of the team of surgeons and frequency of administering patient care.
The costs of oral and maxillofacial surgeries of the face and jaws are far more economical when compared to the burden of the deformities and loss of economic productivity of an individual. Some of the cancer and oral tumor surgeries are life-saving and can restore the financial well-being of entire an family.
Why Choose Dinesh’s Dental Paradise?
Technologies and Clinical Protocols
Dinesh’s Dental Paradise is the first dental hospital Secunderabad to offer In – Patient Facilities.
A well-equipped Operation Theatre and the use of latest technologies like digital x- rays, sedation dentistry and laser technology. Dr. Dinesh and his team of dentists follow strict clinical protocols, highest standards of sterilization and offer quality services in a comfortable and hygienic center.
Experience and Expertise of Dr. Dinesh’s Dental Team
We take a holistic approach to treating any dental condition, particularly the oral and maxillofacial surgeries. This is because Maxillofacial Surgeries require dental, medical and surgical knowledge considering that it covers the facial skeleton region (maxillofacial) including the forehead bones, cheek bones, nasal bones, sinuses, and regional soft tissues, along with the TMJ, jaw bones and oral structures
We have a dedicated and experienced team of dentists and surgeons to treat various conditions of the oral and maxillofacial regions. To date we have performed over 30,000 oral and maxillofacial surgeries safely and successfully.
Emergency appointments and availability
We provide emergency dental care and immediate attention to relieve severe toothache, jaw fractures and oral infections. Our helpline for dental emergencies is
Post-Operative Patient Care
Our comfortable patient recovery rooms and in-patient facilities are well-equipped to closely monitor patient recovery and minimize the cost burden. Our approach to oral & maxillofacial surgeries is conservative, less-invasive and pain-free, contributing to faster healing and faster return to routine activities.
Early Detection and Prevention
We advise our patients to never postpone treatment of any injury, defect, diseases or cosmetic issues. This is because it has a bearing on the lifestyle and emotional aspects that affect the way the person lives his or her entire life.
We therefore encourage you to seek a consultation early and discuss with your doctor the various treatment options and understand the consequences of delaying treatment so that the correct choices are made.
Schedule An Appointment for Oral and Maxillofacial Problems
One of the most reputed centers for oral and maxillofacial surgeries specialty care, Dinesh’s Dental Paradise enjoys the well-deserved reputation for higher success rates in Secunderabad. Prof. Dr. Dinesh K. Sharma, the chief oral and maxillofacial surgeon of Dinesh’s Dental Paradise has won the hearts of many of his patients by transforming their lives and bringing back their smiles.
Need an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Consultation?