We believe that every individual deserves a healthy and beautiful smile they can be proud of. A healthy smile can be an indication of your overall health and happiness. If you’re holding yourself or covering your mouth while smiling, means that your teeth needs attention. All imperfections in your teeth and jaw can be effectively corrected with cosmetic dentistry.
Cosmetic dentistry is aimed at creating a positive change to your teeth and to your smile. Smile enhancement can have dramatic results on your overall appearance and confidence levels. Even the smallest corrective step can boost your confidence, self-esteem and transform your life, appearance-wise and health-wise.
With modern advances in dentistry, cosmetic procedures range from a basic color correction to replacing missing teeth. There are many techniques and options to treat teeth that are discolored, chipped or missing. A cosmetic dentist or an oral and maxillofacial dentist can reshape your teeth, close spaces between teeth, restore or alter the length of your teeth, address jaw imperfections or facial contours to give you a new confident and healthy smile.
Types of Cosmetic Procedures
Common procedures include bleaching, bonding, crowns, veneers, reshaping and contouring.
- Teeth Whitening Teeth Whitening or Dental Bleaching is a common and popular chemical process used to whiten teeth. Some of the reasons why teeth lose their natural color is because of ageing, certain medication, excessive drinking of coffee, tea or other beverages including smoking of cigarettes and other tobacco products.
Dental Bleaching can be performed by your dentist in the office or at home. Typically, teeth whitening at home takes two to four weeks, to achieve a desired shade. But, teeth bleaching in the dentist’s office may take only an hour to obtain sparkling, bright smile.
- Bonded Restorations: A tooth colored material is used to fill in gaps or change the color of teeth, that lasts several years. When teeth are chipped or slightly decayed, bonded composite resin may be the material of choice for dental restorations. Bonding is used as tooth colored filling for small cavities and to close spaces between teeth. Teeth bonding can be done in just a single visit to the dentist’s office.
- Dental Crowns: Also known as caps, a dental crown covers the tooth to restore its normal shape and appearance. Dental crowns have the longest life expectancy among all cosmetic restorations and are made from different materials, such as, all-ceramic (porcelain-based), porcelain fused to metal, gold alloys and base metal alloys.
- Dental Veneers: Dental Veneers are thin pieces of porcelain placed over the front tooth to change color or the shape of your teeth. When used on teeth with uneven surfaces or on chipped, discolored, unevenly spaced teeth, dental veneers help cover all imperfections.
Dental Veneers some are used in situations where most of the tooth enamel structure is available. To apply veneers, your dentist will need to take an impression of your teeth, get them fabricated and then bonded or cemented to your teeth. Porcelain veneers are most preferred as they have a longer life expectancy and color stability than bonding.
- Inlays & Onlays: In certain cases, fillings can be fabricated from porcelain or composite material in a dental laboratory to more closely match the color of your teeth. When applied to the inside of the tooth they are referred as “Inlays” and when attached to biting surfaces of the tooth, they are known as “Onlays”.
- Clear Orthodontic AlignersClear Aligners can be successfully used to realign or straighten teeth into better position, instead of metal braces or ceramic braces. “Aligner” works best in terms of esthetic appearance.
- Full Mouth Reconstruction: While consulting with you about a smile makeover, your dentist may discover that you may need specific treatment to correct functional problems with your bite, muscle, teeth and bone structure.
If you need full mouth reconstruction, the advanced materials and equipment available today make it possible for you to get durable, functional and clinically sound treatment that looks totally natural.
- Gum DepigmentationGingival depigmentation can be considered as a periodontal plastic procedure in which the gingival hyperpigmentation is removed by various techniques like scalpel technique, cryosurgery, electrosurgery, lasers and chemical methods. To create a pleasant and confident smile, the unsightly pigmented gingival areas are removed, altogether altering the personality of an individual.
- Smile Makeover: A smile makeover involves a comprehensive assessment of your smile, to improve your overall appearance. Typically, one or more cosmetic procedures, such as dental veneers, dental implants, gingival sculpting and teeth whitening will be required for several teeth in both the upper and lower arches. However, this depends on the individual case and the needs of the person.
- Dental Implants Dental Implants are artificial titanium replacements that are used as part of prosthetic (artificial replacement) dentistry, to compensate for tooth loss. Often the result is not only an enhanced smile, but also a more youthful appearance, as missing teeth cause the face to collapse making you look older.
The Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
The benefits of cosmetic dentistry go beyond just the facial appearance. It enhances your life in more ways than one.
- Optimized Oral Health:Severely misaligned teeth are not just a cosmetic dental problem. Crooked teeth can affect your oral health and impact your overall health too. Crooked teeth are also responsible for the same issues caused by decayed or cracked teeth such as headaches, jaw pain and periodontal disease. Prompt action to correct the cosmetic dental problems can help to maintain overall health, not just healthy teeth and gums.
- Enhanced Appearance:Whether you have misshapen or discolored, chipped or cracked, crooked or missing teeth; cosmetic dental procedures can recreate your smile by helping you achieve a bright, straight and youthful smile. Choose any procedure to provide benefits that enhance your smile. Cosmetic dentistry can correct many dental defects.
- Improved Self-Confidence: Straight and sparkling teeth can elevate your confidence significantly. It shows in your smile and confidence, whether at work, social gatherings, or at home. When unsightly teeth make you feel embarrassed to speak or laugh, the solution is cosmetic dentistry. It improves your self-esteem and confidence levels and leaves a positive impact on your daily activities.
- Long-Lasting Effects:The effects of cosmetic dentistry are long-lasting, often more than a decade, unlike cosmetic medical procedures. Consult your dentist, know the pros and cons and go for it. You will be happy you took a decision on your cosmetic dental procedure because you are investing in your own health.
- Quick RecoveryThe recovery time after cosmetic dental procedures is often short and less painful for most patients during the recovery period. In fact, dental procedures such as porcelain veneers do not need any recovery time at all!
The Cost of Cosmetic Dentistry
There are no fixed costs for cosmetic dentistry, since cosmetic dental procedures involve a combination of different treatment services for different needs. Teeth whitening has been the most common and most requested cosmetic dental procedure. It also happens to be one of the inexpensive ways to upgrade a smile, involving only one visit to the dentist.
Whether you want straight and white teeth, or clean, healthy and natural teeth, the cost of the cosmetic dentistry procedures depends on the level of complexity and invasiveness required for the procedure.
Cosmetic dentistry procedures are best done by experienced and skilled dentists and this adds up to the cost of the treatment. It also depends on the kind of materials used, whether it is Invisalign, porcelain veneers or bonded composite fillings.
Why Choose Dinesh’s Dental Paradise?
- Technologies and Clinical Protocols:We are trusted for the quality of services we provide, whether it is patient care, the materials we use or the state-of -the-art technologies and equipment such as Laser Dentistry, International Standards of Sterilization and Digital Radiography (X-Rays). Our end goal is to provide the most satisfactory results to our patients.
- Experience and expertise of Dr. Dinesh’s Dental team: Dinesh’s Dental Paradise is a certified Maxillofacial Surgery Specialty Hospital, well known for the good work in oral and maxillofacial and cosmetic dentistry, since 1998. Over the years the hospital has earned the good reputation that bring patients to our hospital through referrals.
- Provide Before and After Photos: We provide before and after pictures of the treatment to help our new patients see for themselves the outcome of our past cosmetic surgeries. We strive to meet the dental needs of every patient to the best of their satisfaction.
- Post – Operative Care: Our expert cosmetic dentists will work with you to help you maintain healthy teeth and a functionally effective bite that lasts. You will be happy you took a decision because you get value for your money with our experienced cosmetic dentists at Dinesh’s Dental Paradise.
Schedule An Appointment for Cosmetic Dentistry Services
A consultation with our cosmetic dentist will help you understand what is right and what works for you, in line with your dental goals. During the consultation, your dentist will evaluate your cosmetic dental needs and discuss the various dental procedures available.
Need a Smile Makeover Consultation?